The Clinical Care Coordinator (LPN) is responsible for ensuring the highest level of service to hospice patients in the metro Atlanta area by assisting with visits to hospice patient in accordance with established plans of care, managing CNA schedules to ensure daily care needs of patients are met as ordered, assisting with the coordination of admission of hew patients referred for hospice care, and providing occasional continuous bedside care as necessary for the management of pain and symptoms. This position will require both in-office administrative time/responsibilities as well as bedside delivery of clinical care, with travel necessary throughout metro Atlanta.
Inspire Hospice and Palliative Care is a local, innovative hospice organization developed by a team of passionate hospice professionals committed to providing hospice and palliative care in new and better ways. Inspire is not the traditional environment you’ve worked in before. The organization is rooted in a commitment to providing both quality patient care and a supportive, positive work environment where everyone is motivated and incentivized to do their best.
At Inspire, we only hire top talent that is passionate, knowledgeable and committed to their patients and coworkers. We believe in a work environment that is both fun and energized to deliver superior end of life care.
Key Benefits for Full-Time Team Members:
• High school diploma required; some college or bachelor's degree preferred.
• A current GA LPN license.
• Minimum of 1-3 years experience in the health care field; hospice preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Microsoft Office products and database software experience required.
• Strong organizational and project management abilities.
• Interacts well with physicians, case managers, discharge planners, etc.
• Hours are primarily M-F 8:30-5, but will require flexibility to meet patient needs with occasional work nights/weekends.
• Provides care to designated patients under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse, as assigned by the Director of Clinical Services.
• Provides care to designated hospice patients in collaboration with the RN and other health care professionals in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Manages CNA schedules, ensuring resources and plans are in place to meet the daily care needs of the hospice patients in accordance with established plans of care.
• Assists with the screening, interviewing, onboarding and training of new CNAs.
• Coordinates assessment and admission of patients referred for hospice care.
• Takes initial phone inquiries regarding patient admission.
• Arranges for assessment of potential patients by a hospice representative.
• Arranges for the completion of all paperwork required for admission.
• Tracks all patients that are not taken under care (NTUC's) and follows up to affect possible future admissions.
• Performs occasional continuous bedside care for patients requiring increased interventions and monitoring to address pain and other symptoms.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.