Inspire Hospice and Palliative Care continues to grow in the metro Atlanta area and is looking for a Hospice Aide (Weekdays) for the North Fulton and surrounding counties area. The Hospice Aide should have minimum of one year of hospice, homecare, or home health experience. Candidate should be independent, accountable, and able to think on his/her feet in an ever-changing environment. Under the direct supervision of a registered nurse, provides personal care for the patient, assists with activities of daily living and supports the business development activities of the organization through exceptional customer service to patients, families, and healthcare partners.
Why You'll Love Working With Inspire:
Inspire Hospice and Palliative Care is a team of passionate hospice professionals committed to providing high-quality, compassionate hospice and palliative care. Inspire Hospice was founded in Atlanta, GA by a seasoned team of hospice leaders who are dedicated to patients and above-and-beyond care.
Take the next step in your career and join our award-winning team of experienced nurses, social workers, CNA's, chaplains and hospice professionals! We have a culture where everyone is motivated and incentivized to do their best. We're exceeding expectations of our patients, families, and community healthcare partners, and we have fun doing it!
At Inspire, we only hire top talent that is passionate, knowledgeable and committed to their patients, coworkers and team.
Key Benefits for Full-Time Team Members:
- Industry-leading PTO package. We support a work-life balance!
- 7 paid holidays annually.
- $75 per month self-care benefit covers housekeeping, car cleaning, gym membership, massage, or manicure! We believe in taking care of our team!
- $60 per month cell phone reimbursement.
- Mileage reimbursement and paid travel time.
- Competitively priced health plan, vision and dental, partially employer-paid.
- 401k with employer match for qualifying employees.
- Working with an amazing team!
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be certified by the state as a home health aide from an approved training program as required by state and federal regulations.
- Successfully completes the agency Home Health Aide Competency Exam.
- Maintains CPR certification.
- Must have 24-hour access to a motor vehicle and maintain personal auto liability insurance coverage.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license.
- Pass post-offer drug test and pass post-employment physical exam if required.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information.
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with other employees at all levels.
- Must possess computer skills at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- Follows the interdisciplinary plan of care. Is alert to the patient’s needs and concerns. Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapeutic services in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Provides personal care, including: bathing, dressing, grooming, caring for hair, nail care, oral hygiene, skin care, and foot care. Assists patients in an out of bed to ambulate, including turning in bed, getting up in a chair, using a walker, wheelchair, or other mechanical equipment when applicable according to the plan of care. Assists with elimination, including: bed pan, urinal, up to the bathroom, routine foley care, and external colostomy and skin care, according to the plan of care. Assists patients with meals, if necessary. May assist with medications that are ordinarily self-administered.
- Performs household services essential to maintaining a safe and comfortable environment.
- Observes patients when giving care and reports changes in the patient’s condition and needs to the RN
- Completes appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Participates in ongoing educational programs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.